SOS Sponsor Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in supporting SOS Outreach. Below is detailed information regarding our sponsorship opportunities and sponsor benefits.
- Colorado Eagle River Ride
- Pro Ski and Ride Competitions
- Partner in Events
- Cash Support
- Grants and Discretionary Funds
- Benefits to your Company
- Programs: Hard goods are always needed to outfit and support our participants in winter and summer programs (please see the attached needs list).
- Fundraisers: Smaller quantities of higher-end product for fundraising such as raffles, pledge campaign prizes and marketing events. Among the many fundraising efforts we do continually, some include…
- The SOS Pledge Campaign: A fundraising drive that lasts about 2 months each year. SOS asks all involved with SOS, from participants to staff to board members, to set up personal Web pages and solicit donations from friends and contacts. In 2010-2011, SOS had more than 80 fundraisers raise nearly $58,000 with the help of a matching grant. Through sponsors help SOS provides prizes to fundraisers as an incentive to raise money. (Ex. SKI Magazine subscriptions to those raising $50, Skullcandy earbuds to those who raised $750, K2 snowboard or skis to those raising $2,500, etc.)
- Raffles and contest prizes: We hold a variety of contest and raffles at our fundraising events. For example, the Design the Modern Board contest asks entrants to design their own board graphic. The winner gets to have their board produced by one of SOS’ board sponsors. We also need attractive prizes for raffles at events (Ex. Clothes, goggles and boards are raffled off at ski/ride movie premieres and ride competitions). All proceeds from raffles go toward SOS Outreach programs.
SOS holds and partners with sponsors on a variety of fundraising events, including a century bike ride (Colorado-Eagle River Ride), ski event (Talons Challenge at Beaver Creek), presence at ski and snowboard competitions (X-Games, Rail Jam, Dew Tour) and contests and raffles. Product can not only support the event but help create positive impressions for your brand.
- Colorado-Eagle River Ride – This is the 10th year we are holding a charity bike event that is the biggest single day of fundraising for SOS. This century ride starts at Beaver Creek and brings riders along the scenic banks of the Colorado and Eagle rivers. Riders can choose from 100 mile, 68 mile and 42 mile routes on great roads. Last year 760 riders from all over the country came out to support the cause. SOS needs food and gear support for riders, prizes for swag bags, and cash to run the ride. Sponsors can set up booths at the start-finish area and have their logos displayed on banners and jerseys.
- Pro ski and ride competitions – SOS has had a booth at the X-Games in Aspen for five years and is in need of raffle prizes and/or giveaways (Ex. Bracelets, bandanas, tote bags, snowboards, clothing and other gear)
- SOS is always looking to partner with its sponsors on new events. For example The Dew Tour competition holds an annual concert with proceeds from ticket sales going towards SOS. In exchange SOS pushes out information and positive impressions through its networks for The Dew Tour.
3. Cash support
While in-kind donations support SOS participants in programs, cash support is needed to help run the organization, provide scholarships for participants, purchase what we don’t raise from in-kind donations and help us hire quality staff to work with kids.
- In 2009-2010, SOS Outreach raised $876,191 in cash sponsorship. Among its biggest cash support SOS is funded through foundation and corporate grants or direct cash donations. If your company has a giving program or discretionary funds, let us know if SOS might fit into your budget.
- Become a cash sponsor for the pledge campaign. Last year K2 Sports was the title sponsor for the SOS Pledge campaign matched up to $25,000 of the money that our individual fundraisers raised, allowing SOS to have the most successful pledge drive yet.
Adventure - $500 Donation-Gives two participants a five-day Learn to Ride program
Academy - $2,500 Donation-Gives scholarships to eight participants in SOS Wilderness
-Gives 33 participants a scholarship in SOS’ four-year University program.
-Gives SOS the ability to hire three additional mentors for University programs.
University -$5,000 Donation -Gives 16 kids a spot in our seven-day Wilderness Trip
-Gives 20 participants a spot in our five-day Learn to Ride
-Gives 250 participants a spot in our one-day SnowCore
4. Benefits to your company
We are proud to work with all our sponsors and are happy to market their support through our newsletters, advertising, media coverage, Web site and social networks. Currently SOS has 2,500+ Facebook followers, 1,400 +Twitter followers, 1,700 members on the SOS Web site, and 11,000 subscribers to a monthly newsletter. Exposure for your brand can include:
- Monthly SOS newsletters
- Coverage in print and online articles
- Mentions on our Facebook page and Twitter feeds
- Mentions on our Web site
- Positive impressions for your support in getting underserved youth outdoors
SOS works with all sponsors on an individual level even if it doesn't fall within these categories, to ensure that you are receiving the benefit to your organization and brand.